Friday, April 20, 2007

And My Money Was On the Chicken!

Admittedly I expected to be bored silly at today's lecture on video games but it was surprisingly interesting. Contrary to what Adam thought I had never heard the statistic that the video game industry was more lucrative than the film industry. I also liked the comment made by one of the students that Pac Man was his favorite video game. Nice to know the classics have stood the test of time though there was no mention of my personal favorite, Frogger.

At one point during the lecture I was wondering what video games have to do with communication technology. I've always considered video games to be rather antisocial and the antithesis of communication. Adam answered that question for me when he told us that video games have been "intertwined with the development of computer technology". Interesting. So which came first, Adam - the chicken or the egg?

No comments: